Monday, April 6, 2015

Welcome to Blogging!

Hello! My name is Kathryn Elizabeth Hemund. My mother tells me I am so "Queenly" because she named me after two famous Queens (except of course my first name is spelled more modern than Katherine). I think this is the reason why I am so interested in the Queens and Kings that lived in Britain in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance eras.  

I was born in Hot Springs, AR, but moved to El Paso, TX for 8 years. When I was 12, we moved back to Hot Springs. During that time my parents got a divorce. It was a pretty difficult time being in a whole new school and family issues going on. We got through it and I believe the divorce was for the best. My mom is now happily remarried, but now wants to move to a different state eventually.

I am studying Music Education at Henderson State University. I really want to teach younger kids about music and how important it is in today’s society. I want classical music to be familiar to younger students and hopefully they will enjoy listening to this genre. I want students to have knowledge to a large genre of music instead of just listening to one specific genre all of the time. Later, I want to teach Middle School choirs, because I think having students interested or being a part of singing is so important for students to find something they did not know about themselves and also to learn more about music along the way.

My major interests are that I love to read, watch movies, and of course sing. I like spending weekends with my boyfriend just to relax, watch a movie, and just have that moment of not thinking about life of school. I love reading, and I wish I had more time to do this at school. Singing has been my passion since I can remember. I remember my mother saying I used to sing all the time, now not so much. I think being in College and singing all the time I have kind of lost some of my passion for it. I miss singing for fun, but lately it has not been so much. I know it is just a phase and I will get over it. I still love to sing, I just need to find the fun in it again.

music-notes-background-bickstock-photo3
Image from: SCrowe. "music-notes-background-bickstock-photo3." Image. Lawrence County. 17 January 2014. Web. 6 April 2015.

3 comments:

  1. I have a great respect for music majors because I know you guys have a rough schedule sometimes. I think you are so blessed to be able to sing, I have always wished I could sing but I am more of an art person. Good luck with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's cool that you were named after two queens and have an interest in them. I wish I could be more interested in history. Bringing classical music to young people is a great idea because it often doesn't get the credit that it deserves. I admire your love for music and your desire to share knowledge of all kinds of music with others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friend! First off, let me just say that I love singing next to you in choir. Your passion for music is so obvious and I know you will spread your love and joy to everyone you meet.
    I totally didn't know that you were named after two queens; that is really cool!

    ReplyDelete